Business Insurance in Revere, MA
Regardless of size or sector, your business must regularly assess and address risks and exposures. These efforts should include establishing loss control measures so that even if an incident occurs, your organization can recover financially. With that in mind, you should prioritize acquiring and maintaining a diverse business insurance portfolio.
What Types of Business Insurance Do I Need?
Your business’s insurance needs may vary significantly depending on its specific circumstances, risks and exposures. However, while your optimal collection of coverages may be at least somewhat unique, several types of insurance may be advisable for most companies. When assembling your business’s insurance portfolio, consider the following:
- General liability insurance—This coverage can cover third-party losses for which your business is at fault, such as those arising from the following incidents:
- Bodily injury
- Property damage
- Personal and advertising injury (e.g., slander, libel, copyright infringement)
- Commercial property insurance—By including this in your portfolio, your business can access financial assistance for covered losses involving its physical assets, such as the following:
- Business interruption insurance—If a covered incident temporarily affects your company’s ability to conduct its normal operations, this coverage can help pay for the following costs and losses:
- Rent and mortgage payments
- Lost revenue
- Employee payroll
- Tax and loan payments
- Workers’ compensation insurance—This coverage, which is legally required for most employers, can provide liability coverage and financial assistance following employees’ work-related illnesses or injuries by helping to pay for the following:
- Medical services
- Lost or reduced wages
- Disability benefits
- Death benefits
Your business should work with a qualified insurance professional, such as the agents at R.M. Cataldo Insurance Agency, to identify any additional coverage needs. Depending on your operations and circumstances, the following may also be advisable investments:
- Commercial auto insurance
- Cyber liability insurance
- Employment practices liability insurance
- Professional liability insurance
How Does Professional Liability Insurance Protect My Business?
If your business provides services, advice or guidance to clients, professional liability insurance should be considered an essential component of your coverage portfolio. This coverage, also known as errors and omissions insurance, can help pay for your legal costs if a client sues your company, such as for the following:
- Inaccurate advice
- Professional errors
- Missed deadlines
- Breach of contract
What Factors Affect the Cost of Business Insurance?
The cost of adequate business insurance may vary significantly even among organizations that appear similar or share certain characteristics. This is because insurance companies must consider many factors of your company before being able to determine your premiums. In most cases, this analysis may include looking at the following criteria:
- Number of employees
- Assets and revenue
- Claims history
- Portfolio details (e.g., coverages included, policy limits, deductibles)
Get the Right Coverage
We’re here to help. At R.M. Cataldo Insurance Agency, our agents are committed to helping your company assess and address its coverage needs. Together, we can assemble an optimal business insurance portfolio capable of helping secure your business’s finances. Contact us today to get started.