Commercial Auto Insurance in Revere, MA
Driving is integral to everyday business operations for many companies, making commercial auto insurance crucial. It can provide essential financial protection to help your business remain secure in the face of unforeseen accidents or incidents involving your vehicles.
Contact R.M. Cataldo Insurance Agency in RRevere, MA, to start building your customized commercial auto insurance plan.
What Is Commercial Auto Insurance?
Commercial auto insurance is a contract between your company and an insurer. It acts as a safety net, offering financial protection in case of a covered incident or accident. By securing commercial auto insurance, you gain the advantage of having your company’s legal liabilities covered up to the policy’s dollar limits, including at-fault property damage and bodily injury that occurs while driving company vehicles.
Massachusetts companies must maintain minimum auto insurance levels if they use vehicles to conduct business. This generally includes liability, uninsured motorist and personal injury protection coverages. Your insurance agent may recommend the following policies, among others, based on your unique situation:
- Liability insurance may help cover third-party bodily injury and property damage liability claims. Your agent can help determine appropriate dollar limits.
- Personal injury protection (PIP) may help cover accident-related medical bills and other costs associated with injuries sustained by your driver and their passengers.
- Collision insurance may help pay for damages to your covered vehicle resulting from collisions with other vehicles or objects.
- Comprehensive insurance may help cover noncollision-related damages such as fire, vandalism, weather damage or theft.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance may help cover damages to your company vehicle if you are in a hit-and-run accident or the other driver doesn’t have adequate insurance.
Your agent may also recommend commercial insurance in addition to the above coverages, such as guaranteed asset protection (GAP) coverage, rental car reimbursement, replacement cost vehicle coverage, inland marine insurance, cargo insurance and roadside assistance.
Does Personal Auto Insurance Cover Business Use?
Even if your personal auto insurance policy does not explicitly exclude business use of your or your employees’ personal vehicles, it may not cover accidents that occur while using a personal vehicle for business purposes.
To safeguard both the vehicle owner and your business, it is advisable to consider hired or non-owned auto insurance (HNOA) coverage when you or your employees drive personal vehicles for work purposes.
Getting multiple commercial auto insurance quotes from reputable insurers is crucial to help get a favorable rate. Contact R.M. Cataldo Insurance Agency today to compare commercial auto insurance quotes.